MS Word: Notebook layout.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Anyone else having serious problems with notebook layout freezing? I've got 17 pages of notes in one of these files, and almost once per class period, Word freezes up and I lose part or all of my progress. I try to save regularly, but sometimes it just isn't enough. It happens most frequently (nearly exclusively) on this one file, and there's nothing wrong with it according to anything I've checked. I've become really dependent upon notebook layout just because it's so useful for class notes, but it just seems too buggy. Anyone else have any problems, or suggestions? Do any other word processing programs yet support this feature?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 ghz Powerbook 15.2 inch screen 1 gig ram
ya mine crashes all the time. so does regular word proccessing. This program sucks. I hate microsoft.

L

lil

Guitarist said:
ya mine crashes all the time. so does regular word proccessing. This program sucks. I hate microsoft.

Have you updated Office at all? It's on a SP2 release now or whatever they call it, you can run Microsoft Autoupdate which should be in Applications (Command + Shift + A) and it will download all the necessary updates -- my only suggestion for the stability issues?

Never had Word 2004 crash on me yet...

Vicky :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ya i updated...word 11.2...

still crashes all the time.

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I update every time I think to. I have the latest version at the moment. Honestly, I still think it's the best word processing software around. It just seems to be this one layout that has any serious problems. Unfortunately for me, it's the perfect one for my purposes.

S

sursuciofla

MS anything SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS. Yeah I have had that crap fail on me so many times. One time I lost a big chunk of a research paper because of it. I wanted to beat my iBook to death but realized it wasn't its fault but Microsoft's. I calmly sat down my ibook and walked away. I think Microsoft is the Devil. ttttttttttttttttt :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
honestly though word crashes at least once every time i use it....

Good think I can do a screen capture just in case i lose anything....o well still loads up way faster than my PC did when it used to crash on that. ha

L

lil

Thanks Guitarist!

that looks fantastic. I will download the trial this evening, see how I get on and it if it's as good as it looks, I shall purchase, a lovely compliment to a Mac by the looks of it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.