How do I MOVE iTunes to new user account?

Reaction score
Here is my situation. November 2009 I bought a 27" iMac.

September 2010 I have to take it into the Apple store to have the display replaced due to what looked like a black fungus spreading like wildfire. The fix it. No problem. Apart from the inconvenience of not having my computer for a week, the whole process was painless.

July 2011 I notice black fungus like patches on display again and some weird places on the outer screen.

October 2011. iMac goes back to the Apple store for another display and a new outer screen. I'm informed over the phone that they are replacing the entire housing as well. Finally the day comes to pick up the computer. I was truly amazed at the incompetence and unprofessionalism I witnessed that day at the Apple store. I could spend an hour describing my experience at the Apple store that day, but I'm not gonna. I will say I was and still am in disbelief. However, I did come out of there with a brand new 27" iMac and two years worth of warrantee.

When I turned the new one on for the first time, I set up my user account just like normal. Everything was backed up using Time Machine. Then I used Migration Assistant to put everything back on the new one. Now I have two user accounts. I never liked the name that was given to my home folder on the original computer so when I set up the new one I made everything the way I wanted it.

Now, here is my problem. iTunes. I can get the iTunes folder MOVED but iTunes won't recognize it. I keep getting an error message and iTunes won't open at all. What I want to do is mover everything to the new user account and delete the old one. I have been able to move iPhoto over but not iTunes. I added the new user account to the iTunes info but that didn't work. I'm not looking to share iTunes between the two accounts. I want to move it. There must be away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OP
J
Reaction score
Just tried the same thing on my Macbook Pro and Macbook Air. IT worked. Why won't it work on the iMac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.