MobileMe to iCloud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
I've updated to Lion 10.7.2 and iOS 5 but it won't let me move Me.com to iCloud.

I guess its just too busy, has anyone else managed it yet?

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Subscribed... I'll be doing this same thing after I hit a few forums and see how it's going for everyone. Good luck!

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
Server was busy

Subscribed... I'll be doing this same thing after I hit a few forums and see how it's going for everyone. Good luck!

18.30 till 22.00 but all done on iPhone 4 and Macbook Pro, - iCloud welcome email received.

now for a couple of hours exploration

regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Still 'Please try again later'

I'm thinking they had this transition poorly planned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
iCloud

Underwhelmed and confused by iCloud, maybe i'm missing something. I've only really looked at photos, and photostream works well, but what is the point in backing up for 30 days then you need to move them, to iPhoto or back up/publish elsewhere.

MobileMe - take a shot upload to the gallery and forget it, more minus than plus so far, as iPhoto can be a pain

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Eh, it's free.

Kinda glad the last year of mobile me is free now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Thanks for the update. I'm waiting. It's telling me that it will be 2 hours to download and update my AppleTV and 3 hours to download and update 10.7.2. I'll wait until their servers aren't as busy. I don't want to attempt this, have issues and then spend time troubleshooting phantom issues - mucking up my configuration or calendars in the process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Downloaded and migrated might as well since Mobile Me is going away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, on the plus side.. a smugmug account was cheaper.. so now I have a better gallery host for my uses AND still have the email and push synching.

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
Well, on the plus side.. a smugmug account was cheaper.. so now I have a better gallery host for my uses AND still have the email and push synching.

I'll have a look at smugmug as a gallery host

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel i5; iPhone 4; iPad 2
I am wondering if anyone has attempted to activate Photo Stream by itself, without any of the other services? I have installed OS 5 on my iPhone 4, but haven't upgraded my MacBook Pro to Lion and until I do, I'm waiting to move my entire MobileMe account to iCloud.

Thanks

I answered my question:

It's all or nothing. Once you enter your Apple ID and password you are prompted to move your MobileMe Account to iCloud.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano
I have OSX 10.7.2 and iOS5 on my iPhone 4S, yet I cannot get photostream to work on my mbp. When I look for an update to iphoto, it seems like apple wants me to pay $15 for an upgrade to iLife11. Is this really necessary to use photostream?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MP 8core, MBP 15 i7, MBP 17 i7, iMac i5
I updated everything, got new 4s along with my other devices. My logins have been hosed. I can login with one id/password on one device, but not another. i have been bouncing between devices/laptops/computer with several variations of usernames and passwords. Just wondering if there is a quick and easy way to sync all accounts (that were all in sync before updates) now that IOS and iTunes have been upgraded along with Mobilme going away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.