• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iWork apps updated with new features, iCloud integration

Reaction score
iWork apps updated with new features, iCloud integration

apple-icon-200-1316613023.jpg
Apple's three iWork apps have been updated alongside iOS 5 going live. The updates are available now through the App Store and include the following:

Keynote

• Automatically store presentations in iCloud and keep them synced among multiple iDevices.
  • Download presentations to a Mac or PC at icloud.com/iwork as Keynote '09, PowerPoint, or PDF files.
  • Drag and drop Keynote '09 or PowerPoint presentations to icloud.com from your Mac or PC to have them automatically appear on iOS devices.
  • Airplay added
  • New builds and transitions including Anvil, Blinds, Color Panes, Comet, Confetti, Diffuse, and Sparkle.
  • Advanced presentation controls including looped slideshows and autoplay.
  • Support for slide-to-slide hyperlinks.
Pages

• Automatically store documents in iCloud and keep them synced among multiple iDevices.
  • Download documents to a Mac or PC at icloud.com/iwork as Pages '09, PowerPoint, or PDF files.
  • Drag and drop Pages '09 or plain text documents to icloud.com from your Mac or PC to have them automatically appear on iOS devices.
  • Use your voice to create and edit Pages documents with dictation in iOS 5 on the iPhone 4S.
  • Create footnotes and endnotes in documents.
Numbers

• Automatically store documents in iCloud and keep them synced among multiple iDevices.
  • Download spreadsheets to a Mac or PC at icloud.com/iwork as Numbers '09, PowerPoint, or PDF files.
  • Drag and drop Numbers '09 or Excel or CSV files to icloud.com from your Mac or PC to have them automatically appear on iOS devices.
  • Use sliders, steppers, and pop-ups to easily enter data and explore results.
  • Use Merge Cells to format your tables.
  • Hide and show rows and columns.
These releases also include a number of other fixes and improved language support.

iWork apps updated with new features, iCloud integration originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:50:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
This is awesome. Can't tell you how many times I have forgotten my USB with my presentation on it at home.

Luckily I always bring my Mac with me to school, but still this is a neat feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.