• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Stolen MacBook Pro...I have IP address of location

Reaction score
Guys,

New to forum here, and I am looking for any help that I can get. My home was broken into last Friday, and I lost about 6k worth of stuff, including my MacBook Pro 15". I am most upset about this, but luckily had Carbonite online backup that saved all of my kid's pictures and videos.

I called Carbonite to put a freeze on the account, to keep it from being erased, and found out a little more info that I thought. They were able to give me an IP address to where my computer last updated. That was the last update my computer had, last Friday, so I think that they have erased everything.

With the IP address, which is Comcast in Memphis, TN, what can I do? Or better yet, what can you do?

I also have my box which has the following info: AirPort ID and Ethernet ID (MAC address?).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Ummm, call the Memphis city police!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
i downloaded MacKeeper the other day. Against the advice of certain members here. i started the download before receiving negative things about it. my bad, but anyway, one of the things that it says it does is that once you report your mac stolen it activates a sort of theft mechanism and the next time the computer is booted up, it snaps a photo of the person using it via iSight and sends it to you online...

nifty i thought. sorry doesn't really help you though. I would suspect that people can mess with the ip address also.

good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.