iphone 4s pre order

Reaction score
So I decided to stay up late thursday to preorder an iPhone 4s--my first iPhone. I'm really excited, but anyway, while waiting, I wrote an applescript to refresh the store page every 30 seconds and played minecraft in another window until I noticed the store had changed from "we'll be back soon" to the preorder site.

It took me many many tries, and the site was very slow. I would get to various stages of the process before the site would kick me off. The first time, I got to the new or existing number screen, I think. Sometimes I got a 404, but I kept plugging away until I managed to wend my way to the checkout screen, and then I was home free. Toward the end I was face timing my friend who was also preordering one through at&t.

Some of you who preordered it and live on the west coast probably have yours already. lucky...

Anyone else have interesting stories about iPhone preorders?

Reaction score
My story is like yours except after an hour of unsuccessfully being able to order, I went to bed, got up at 6:00am (eastern time) and ordered 2 with no problems. One has already shipped via UPS, the other hasn't shipped yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.