Needing help with Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hello,
this is my first time owning a macbook and of course i bought it secondhand, model: A1181, 2007 macbook, it has tiger software on it and as i want itunes installed i can't as it keeps coming up with you need 10.5 higher so i went and bought snow leopard off the apple website as they dont sell leopard anymore which is ridiculous i think they still should for peoples situation like mine.

but snow leopard will not work or even read on the macbook and it keeps ejecting itself after like 3 mins or so all of this after looking and downloading everything and researching everywhere on google to do it the external harddrive way but that wouldn't work either because all of them were **** windows files .exe i just want one download that goes onto mac files straight away like this snow leopard one i downloaded but says i need leopard first..

if anyone can help me that would be awesome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Sounds like your MacBook doesn't have a DVD drive.

You could buy an external DVD drive or take it to the Apple store and have them do it for you for a fee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The A1181 has a superdrive, so it'll play DVD's. Try cleaning the optical drive. One of those DVD cleaning disks. If the lens is dirty, this is exactly what it'll do. Of course, this is what it will do if the drive's dead too, but cleaning disks aint expensive.

OP
C
Reaction score
yeah thanks but think I'll take it to an apple store after work as it's late night shopping today I also looked around at the same problem and people said it could be the wrong snow leopard gray one not white but I can't tell and apple website doesn't describe those things or have another one cept family combo one, I am not really a computer legit at these kinda categories so I'd need someone to explain step by step lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Even if it's the wrong disk, it should still read it.. not just kick it out. That basically means it can't physically read the disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.