Questions regarding App icons

Reaction score
So today I decided to start changing my app icons and I got to change some of them. My problem is that I wanted to change my Applications and Documents folders in the dock but after I removed them and replaced them with the new image ones, they don't respond with the stacks or anything and then after a bit the image disappears. This happens on both. I used the copy-paste method on Get Info.
Also, I was wondering how you guys change other icons like Finder, Time Machine, iTunes, etc.
Thanks!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
You need to create a .icns file and replace the .icns file inside the application package.

There are plenty of Photoshop templates and plugins out there that let you create the correct size icons for OS X.

Once created use the show package contents option in the Finder to browse to the icns file in the package. Be sure to backup the original.

Reaction score
Great App icon program

Hey, there's a great (free) program you can use to get icons. You can even upload them later again, and there's a recovering feature! ;););)

Link to program

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.