PowerBook vs Tiger

T

theanalogkid

I got Tiger the other day, and tried to install it on my 17" 1.5GHz PowerBook. It said it couldn't, it couldn't repair something. I decided to run Disk Utility a few times, running Disk Repair, and each time, it would find all these overlapping somethings, and then get to the end, and say there's some HFS error 1 or something like that. So, I got DiskWarrior. I ran the S.M.A.R.T. utility thing, and, thankfully, it said the drive is running fine. Then I tried doing the directory fixer thinger, and after 4.5 hours, I had to stop. When I run DiskWarrior on my laptop itself, it slows WAY down, something to do with memory. The time I got it to 4.5 hours was when I had the DW disk in an eMac which was firewired to my laptop in tdm. If I can let DW run that directory fixer thinger all the way through, will that fix my problems? Is there any way for my to do it on my laptop without the eMac?

thanks!
--
theanalogkid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Are you doing a clean install or trying to utilize the upgrade feature? You might want to back up your important stuff and do a clean install and see if that works. If you can't do a clean install then there might be something wrong with your HDD that a trip to the Apple Genius Bar will fix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.