Windows Media Center work through bootcamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am completely new to the Mac world, so please be patient with me.

What I want to do is....

I want to RIP all my blu ray movies on this 12TB external hard drive im going to eventually buy (Seagate Blackarmor NAS 440)... but in order to RIP the movies, I would need this program (AnyDVDHD) that would decrpyt any copyright material, which that program only works on windows. The only way that I would know how to stream my blu ray movies to my t.v. is through Windows Media Center. I would also need to purchase "My Movies" which also runs only on Windows and operates well with WMC. So now that you have a general idea what I want to do, I have a few questions that I'm worried about.

- I have bootcamp. To operate windows on my Mac; do I just buy the Windows 7 software and install it through bootcamp and I now have Windows on my Mac? Is that how it works?

- If it does, Can I run WMC and any other program I wish to run on the windows side through my Mac?

- Would I need a blu ray drive to RIP my blu ray movies onto my Mac? I know of an external blu ray drive player thats compatible with Mac if that is the case.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You obviously haven't read our guidelines (in my signature line) nor the Sticky post we have up about ripping. Sorry but you will get no help from these forums with regard to your questions. And, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.