Easy why to Delete Music copes. (Windows)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini, i7 2.3 GHz, 1TB,8GBs Ram
Hello I have over 41.6 GBs of extra files of all my music on in my Itunes. Is their a way to delete all of them but keep the original file? All my music is on an external Hard drive. So when I find some of the files and delete them they stay on the external hard drive. So is their a easy way were Itunes takes them off of the external hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
If you're sending unwanted music from either internal or external hard drive to the Recycle Bin (Win) [Trash in MacOS], then you need to empty the bin before quitting iTunes or ejecting the external drive. Emptying the bin will delete the trashed music file - from either drive.

If you wish to keep the original music file, then make sure you don't send it to Rcycle; or you should store the original on a separate drive, or on a write-protected dvd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.