Help: Macbook with hot air coming out & it doesnt turn on

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So thats what happened. I own a macbook for less than a year and it's been working well so far. Except for today.

I worked with it all afternoon, battery charging until full. Then I turned it off, put in my backpack and headed home. When I arrived and opened it, the temperature was so high like I've never seen before and also hot air was coming out of it. I believe the fan was on as well (there was a fan sound).
I tried turning it on, it wouldnt work. That white light that signs if its on or off would go on everytime i close the computer, and off everytime I open it.
I finally turned it on, but the battery is not full (its like 30% - which is strange since I didnt use it after fully charging it) and that white light is not on as well.

Anything I could have done wrong? I am so scared the computer is ruined. Any guesses?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
My guess is that you didn't let shut down all the way.

OP
Clahramos
Reaction score
In case thats what i did, will I have any more problems bc of that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.