OSX Lion 7.1 ---- Launchpad Has Disappeared

Reaction score
I don't mean some of the icons in Launchpad, I lean Launchpad itself. And I can't find it using either Finder or Spotlight.

This is what I've further done to correct the situation.

1. Used the killall Dock command in terminal.
2. Then in System Preferences under Keyboard -- went to the Keyboard Shortcut screen. And as shown in the attachment, you can put a check mark in the Show Launchpad box. That doesn't actually restore Launchpad, it opens a blank box to the right of Show Launchpad, to type in shortcut keys. However, I can't type anything in the blank box.
3. As a "Hail Mary", tried the Restore Defaults option.

Needless to say, nothing worked.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.

Keyboard Shortcut.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Do you have Time Machine activated and have you tried to restore it that way?

OP
chuckf1
Reaction score
First thank you for the answers.

And to answer both posts, I don't have Time Machine activated because I don't have a separate drive to transfer the data to. And the Dock shows up in the 1st line of System Preferences. It's never been in any other place in Preferences.

System Preferences.jpg

OP
chuckf1
Reaction score
Problem solved. While I still have no idea where the Launchpad went off to or how to get it back on the dock, I was able to make it one of my Hot Corners.

So while the problem wasn't solved in the way I hoped.....I can now access the Launchpad, via a new Hot Key, so problem solved. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Boy... what I wouldn't give to get rid of launchpad! That was a blessing in disguise, and you tossed it to the wind...

Doug

OP
chuckf1
Reaction score
Problem really solved. If anyone ever gets into the same situation as I did and wants their launchpad icon back, a replacement can be downloaded from:
Launchpad.app.zip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.