MBP 13" 2011 vs MBA 13" 2011

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum but been using macs for a good few years now in different jobs, and tbh wanted one since the first time I used a Mac.

I'm stuck between the MBP 13" 2011 and the MBA 13" 2011, just after some advice about performance tbh!

I will be mainly using the computer for browsing, a bit of office work, and watching videos via TV. Once every couple of months I use photoshop / corel draw for a bit of design work, nothing major the same with video editing but this is nothing more than a few home cycling videos so i won't be using anything other than imovie.

I like both systems and can get them for a relativley similar price within £200 of each other, is the MBA worth the extra £100? (i'd say the extra protability of the system is worth at least £50 haha)

Any help greatly received, thanks

Chris

Reaction score
I have been going back and forth with this and I'm going to be running OSX/WIN7 and some turbo cad programming and I'm going with with the 13" air with 4 gig ram and 256 gb memory. I can't get past the air design...

I love the design and style. lightweight, elegant, and fast.

the pro is a kick *** rig but the looks and feel of the air wins out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Mid 2009 4GB 500GB 7200RPM, Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 8GB 750GB 7200RPM, iPhone 4
If you care about utilities and hardware I would go with the MBP, If you want speed and portability and don't mind not having some utilities (such as the optical bay) then get the MBA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.