Cannot install plug-in: need help!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am tearing out my hair, trying to install a Firefox/Safari plugin on my MacBook. I am OS X 10.5.8. The plug-in is for the Slingbox, found at watch.slingbox.com.

After downloading the dmg file, it goes through most of the install until the end when it says "THE INSTALLER COULD NOT WRITE THE RECEIPT FOR THE PLUG-INS."

I have no idea how to get around this. I have admin rights on my laptop. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks!!

CB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Could be a permissions issue with the receipts folder, an area where the mac keeps a record of what has been installed and what version.

A simple permissions repair on the disk using disk utility should cure the problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Could be a permissions issue with the receipts folder, an area where the mac keeps a record of what has been installed and what version.

A simple permissions repair on the disk using disk utility should cure the problem

OP
C
Reaction score
Tried that, didn't work

Hi - thanks for your reply. I just went through the disk utility permissions repair and tried installing the plug-in again. No dice - I get the same error.

Any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.