Release of i0S 5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Updating iPad 2!

Doug

Reaction score
I made sure and downloaded 10.5 and it doesn't even bring up my iPhone under devices now? What do I do? I want iOs 5 lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz/ 4GB ram/ 250GB HDD, 2nd Gen 16GB ipod touch, 64GB + 3G iPad
ugh! I have to leave in a few minutes and take both my iPad and iPhone with me. Update will have to wait until tonight...:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
Started the download at 1:06 est, and at 1:54 their server dumped me at 3/4 completed download!! Argh!

Restarted the download, it's almost 1/2 done. Hope it finishes this time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
ugh! I have to leave in a few minutes and take both my iPad and iPhone with me. Update will have to wait until tonight...:Grimmace:

I'm in the same boat. Boo!!!! :Angry-Tongue:

:D

Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed, I'm at about 3 minutes remaining on the DL, hope it doesn't kick me off too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
Download complete, installation in progress!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Installation FAIL. Isn't getting past the 'backing up' stage. Got an error -48, and says if I continue installation it will result in the loss of all contents on this iPhone.

Reaction score
welp i know what i will be doing at lunch. hopefully it only take an hour. how big is the file?

Reaction score
Installation FAIL. Isn't getting past the 'backing up' stage. Got an error -48, and says if I continue installation it will result in the loss of all contents on this iPhone.

Crap. ***?

My iPad did that the 1st time I attempted the update, so I tried it again and it was fine. It updated the OS then restored my previous backup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm on 3rd attempt now. It gets past the backup stage, but now it gives me an error and says it's unable to restore the iPhone!

Anyone else have this issue?

Reaction score
Mine made it through the restore and is now restoring my music and videos, it already restored my apps. BTW, i'm doing my phone the iPad may wait till later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Looks as if the servers are easing up now. Went from 30 min to 4 mi... oh wait, it's done! Good thing, I have to leave for work!

Doug

Reaction score
Yeah mine keeps saying internal error...wow this is frustrating.

Reaction score
loss of all contents

I was getting this message trying to update my iPad to iOS 5. Rebooting iPad didn't help but rebooting my Mac did. I also installed 10.7.2 update while rebooting so I'm not sure if the reboot or the update did the trick but I was able to update after that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
After several attempts the iPhone is now updated some features are nice and would like to have had the camera option to take picture with volume control while screen is locked but I guess that was 4s only.
So much for reading comprehension double tapping the home button activates the camera in lock screen mode.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So, I was getting the same error about not being able to restore. Unfortunately, I'm a moron and didn't think to check the forum, so I kept troubleshooting and retrying.

Finally, I did a hard reset on the iPhone, deleting everything - and when it still didn't work, I figured something was up on Apple's side. I gave it a little while, and sure enough, it went through.

Unfortunately, I lost the position of my icons - which I'm just THRILLED about, seeing as I only have a billion of them (and up until now, they were all neatly organized).

And to add insult to injury, my MBP kernel panicked during the 10.7.2 install... fortunately, it seemed to recover itself. I installed the Combo update just to be on the safe side.

Not a good day in Apple land at all....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.