Windows Media Player / XM stream

I

Ignatz

Hello. I have a Mac mini running OS X (version 10.3.9). I recently purchased XM Radio, and for the first weeks of service, I was able to listen to their online stream using Windows Media Player 9. (Unfortunately, XM offers their stream only through WMP.) About three weeks ago, however, the Player began refusing to connect, prompting an error message: "Cannot open the file. Verify that the path and filename are correct and try again." Around the same time, WMP became unable to play other Windows Media files that had always previously worked, showing video but not playing audio and telling me I had the incorrect codec installed. So, there's definitely something screwy with my Windows Media Player. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times, and have repaired permissions in Disk Utility, all to no avail. XM Customer Service was unable to assist me, but the problem does not seem to be on their end. Have others experienced this problem with WMP for Mac and streaming audio? Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Reaction score
No XM streaming audio

I have this exact problem. Last year my Imac worked at streaming XM radio just fine, then it stopped working, and I was told I needed the appropriate plug-in. That seems to take me to the Microsoft media player site, and I have that installed, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know how to make this work properly?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.