PowerBook G4 Blank screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 17" 320GB hdd 2 Gb Ram DVI Alu + Mac Pro 2x2.26 quad
Hi folks just opened pb this morning and the screen came on but then it went black and now I can't see anything on the screen.
It is 1.67ghz 17" could any one advise a possible cure as I don't fancy going out spending £1k that I havnt got !!!!
Thanks in advance
Nelo:Angry:

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 17" 320GB hdd 2 Gb Ram DVI Alu + Mac Pro 2x2.26 quad
just an update if i look closely i can see pictures and volume controls work so i think the pb is working just there is no light in the lcd scren

if any one has had the same problem please advise what actions i might take to repair the PB as i am quite fond of it

thanks in advance
nelo

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like the backlight is not working. That could be from failure of the light itself or a bad inverter. The inverter is rather easy to change, however, the backlight on most LCD screens is difficult to get at. Apple recommends replacing the entire screen assembly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.