Internet Connectivity Problems!! Help!!

Reaction score
Okay,

First off any help is greatly appreciated. I am running a Dual 2Ghz PowerPC G5 with 4 GB DDR SDRAM. Here's the problem. When I connect to any wireless network I get an internet connection for a couple restarts, soon after I lose all connection to the internet. I am still connected to the wireless network but no internet. I ran network diagnostics and it just tells me to restart modem, (done that) still nothing. When I go to network preferences it has a blank IP Address. It then says airport has a self-assigned IP address. I've tried everything I can think of. I have another Macbook Pro on the same network and it connects every time to the internet no problem. If I were to switch my G5 to another network, it would work for a while then it would kick me off the internet as well. Any ideas??? Please help....

Forgot to mention I am running OSX 10.5.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I suspect your Airport card in the G5 is going bad. Either get a new card (E-Bay) or grab and ethernet cable and jack in.

OP
B
Reaction score
Figured it out....

Thanks for the help, figured out the problem. The firewall settings were all out of whack and needed to be reset to allow connections. For some reason it had been reset to not allow anything in. Thank you again for the help. It just took a little snooping and messing around to get it working... yay.

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.