Help with installing Snow Leopard

Reaction score
My old hard drive failed and so I went to Microcenter were they gave me a new hard drive a WD Scorpio Blue. I replaced the hard drive and put in the Snow Leopard install disk. I got to the screen where it says to select the disk I want to install on but nothing apears in the white box. I went on disk utlities and nothing but the Install Disk shows up there. I can't find anything to tell me how to fix this. Can someone help? By the way i have a 2 year old MacBook Pro 13".

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How do you know your old hard drive failed? What were the symptoms? Did you test it with Disk Utilities? The reason I'm asking is because your new hard drive fails to show up in Disk Utilities from your install disk.

That tells us there may be something else that's wrong. Perhaps the SATA cable from the hard drive connector to the logic board is defective or you installed the new drive incorrectly.

OP
G
Reaction score
I brought it to the apple store today and they were the ones that had told me that it had failed. They told me to go get a new one and I am pretty sure that I installed it correctly, i went off a couple youtube videos and instructions from iFixit: The free repair manual.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.