Using 2 Identites on iMac at same time

Reaction score
How can I use 2 identities on 2 different monitors on my iMac (OS 10.6.8)
at the same time?

Aloha, RogerRabbit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I'm not sure that you can do this. You can set up different user accounts and turn on fast user switching. If you've connected a 2nd monitor then your machine should auto-detect it and you may be able to do it via the extended desktop option but I've never tried so my advice is probably about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard! There are some very experienced guys on here and they may have a solution.

Reaction score
I don't think you can physically run 2 different accounts at the same time. The only thing I can think of is having 2 machines and use screen sharing to log into the first one with one user account while it runs a different account on the screen. I do believe though that you'll need Lion to do this - Older versions of ScreenShare don't support logging in with a different user than currently logged in.

...I don't think this option is very economic. If you have 2 machines you might as well run those and share files instead of sharing the screen :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.