A new powerbook owner with a couple questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
O.K. i just purchased a 12 inch powerbook and i was wanting to know if you guys who own one keep in sleep when you are taking it places such as, school, work, or wherever. Also do you have any tips or anything i need to know about it?

L

lil

Conehead778 said:
O.K. i just purchased a 12 inch powerbook and i was wanting to know if you guys who own one keep in sleep when you are taking it places such as, school, work, or wherever. Also do you have any tips or anything i need to know about it?

Quite often I leave it in sleep if I go anywhere.

Went to London this weekend just gone (from Brighton), so drove around 70 miles or so, on that trip I popped into a service station (laptop in case), to the shop and what not, carried on my way and arrived where I needed to be, got the PowerBook out to check an address and popped it back in.

it stayed in sleep the whole day and it was carried everywhere.

One such instance of it being perfectly safe to carry your PowerBook in sleep IMO. Just be careful with it, but then hopefully you will be anyway!

Vicky :flower:

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
Ok i have another question, when i get the powerbook if i do a clean install of tiger will that get rid of all the bundled software that comes with it, b\c alot of it i dont want

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah it should get rid of it.. I guess it depends on what came with the Tiger disk that you have :) I also take my powerbook everywhere with it asleep and it has no problems at all.

L

lil

Murlyn said:
Yeah it should get rid of it.. I guess it depends on what came with the Tiger disk that you have :) I also take my powerbook everywhere with it asleep and it has no problems at all.

Make sure you select only the languages you will need and the printer drivers you want - that's the stuff that takes up the most space.

The size of some of the printer driver packages is huge!

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.