Magic Mouse or Trackpad on a Thinkpad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
Does anybody know if the magic mouse or trackpad is now fully supported on Windoze machines? Are there drivers that support all of the features, such as inertial scrolling, all gestures, and the like?

When I checked this out a year or two ago, I could get the magic mouse to work with an older Lenovo, but not the features I just mentioned. I wanted it for big spreadsheets so I could flick through them like I do on my iMac.

My new Lenovo is an i7 beast. It isn't a bad machine but it is huge. I'd rather have an MBP 17" but that isn't a corporate option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
There are no readily available windows drivers for the magic trackpad at least.. not sure about the mouse.

I agree, the new i7 w520 I have is big. Not only is the chassis big.. the power bricks HUGE.. and heavy. I ended up loading TwoFingerScroll onto it (windows 7) and at least have two finger right click and scroll. There are some native gesturing in the syanptics driver panel (now a sub of the mouse control panel).

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
What's up with that power brick anyway. It is rated at 170watts, but the processor itself only needs 65, and the panel couldn't take that much more.

There is no expectation that I carry that thing around, but I'm going to try to get a smaller version of it to replace my T61. I'll 'volunteer' to do the beta on the corporate Win 7 build, otherwise we are all still on XP. I couldn't believe they delivered an i7 machine with XP on it. What a waste.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would think the Magic Trackpad would not work all that well on a Windows machine. I own one but none of my Windows machines have BT except A Mac and I am not in the mode to put Windows on one just to try it.

Windows does not (in my knowledge anyway) support the kind of Gestures that OSX does. I would say borrow one and try it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
What's up with that power brick anyway. It is rated at 170watts, but the processor itself only needs 65, and the panel couldn't take that much more.

There is no expectation that I carry that thing around, but I'm going to try to get a smaller version of it to replace my T61. I'll 'volunteer' to do the beta on the corporate Win 7 build, otherwise we are all still on XP. I couldn't believe they delivered an i7 machine with XP on it. What a waste.

I have no idea, but it won't run on a 90w brick. I've tried. I'm not yet bored enough to measure what it actually draws either :D

Over all though, it's zippier than my T61p is (and will be was..) Of course, it's also got twice the ram.. and can actually use it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.