Upgrade to 4.3.5 problems

Reaction score
Hi, I updated my iPhone 3gs firmware to 4.3.5 and some problems started right away:

- some apps don't start. I get the flash screen and after half a second I get back to my apps screen.
- the volume control of my headphones doesn't work on the iPhone, but it does on other devices.
- I can't charge on the wall, and when I plug the USB cable to the MacBook I get a message saying that the USB device is drawing too much power so the USB port is disabled.This happens in all computers I connect to.

Any solution? ANyone with the same problem after upgrading?

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hello and welcome to MacForums ,
I have not seen this list of of issues related to that update but would advise doing a full restore " as a new device " and not from a back up . The file you downloaded my have been corrupted some how . Give it a shot and let us know how it went.

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Clay.
I didn't download a file... I just upgraded in iTunes, I thoink with the "official" upgrade.
I was searching the web to see if I could downgrade, but I didn't find anything that would give me security.
BTW, my iPhone is not jailbroken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I understand that you did the upgrade thru iTunes but it has been known to happen,,,,

Clay

OP
M
Reaction score
Yep Clay, it could have been a faulty update.
Do you know how can I fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 1st steps I would take would be to check for a iTunes update to make sure you have the latest ( of course that will change tomorrow a head of weds IOS 5 launch ) then I would restore the device as " a new device " I am betting that these steps will solve your problems. If not there are deeper steps we will investigate.

Hope this helps
Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.