iPad as external monitor using cable

Reaction score
Hey, I want to hook up 1 or more iPads to my computer and use them as external monitors.

Wireless can be unreliable and slow, so I was wondering if there's a way to do this using cables. Because that would be rad. As.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
At this point, even when jailbroken, I do not think this is possible. I know it is not possible with the non-jailbroken machines.

I use Air Display with no issues. I wont be gaming with the iPad as the screen, but for a screen to hold some extra stuff while I am working in other apps it is great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
+1 on AirDisplay. If you do go this route make sure to check compatibility before buying. With Lion there are some machines and video chipsets that don't work with AirDisplay. Hopefully there will be a fix, but until then check to be sure. Machines running Snow Leopard have no issues that I am aware of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.