Using iPhone for music?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Hello all!

I've been wanting an iPhone for quite some time now, but I have a special pricing plan at Sprint and couldn't justify losing my plan to switching carriers and doubling my monthly cell phone costs simply for a phone.

Now, that Sprint and Apple are friends, I have some things to consider.

I'm highly attached to my 64G Touch. I've got about 40G of music on there, although roughly 20G are from audiobooks. I use it daily though.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does the iPhone have the same capabilities as the Touch in regards to apps and playing music? Can the iPhone do everything my Touch can? Would the audio sound the same? I'd like to be able to go from carrying 2 devices in my pocket to 1 device. What happens if I'm listening to something and a call or text comes in?

Am I wrong to think that I can use an iPhone to fully replace my Android cell and my Touch?

Thanks for any feedback!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The iphone does everything an ipod Touch can do.

C

chas_m

What happens if I'm listening to something and a call or text comes in?

In the case of a call, the audio you are listening to gently fades out (often with a small audio signal) you say hello and the conversation starts. When the call is ended, your original audio fades back in.

In the case of a text, you would get a brief audio signal and look at your iPhone. The text of the message will be on-screen and you can opt to reply or close. The audio does not stop playing.

Am I wrong to think that I can use an iPhone to fully replace my Android cell and my Touch?

Yes, the iPhone can replace your cell phone and iPod Touch.

OP
Leiyah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Thanks for the feedback!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.