New to midi (pro tools question)

Reaction score
hi all...

i have a KORG midi controller that i want to use in Pro Tools.

now if i want to hear just the INTERNAL sounds from my keyboard, how would i go about setting this up?

if i want to hear BOTH the internal sounds and all of my piano/synth plug in sounds, how would i go about hearing all of the combined patches?

confused.

Reaction score
hi all...

i have a KORG midi controller that i want to use in Pro Tools.

now if i want to hear just the INTERNAL sounds from my keyboard, how would i go about setting this up?

if i want to hear BOTH the internal sounds and all of my piano/synth plug in sounds, how would i go about hearing all of the combined patches?

confused.

if its just a midi controller it will have no internal sounds.

if its a keyboard that also acts as a midi controller, you can definitely set that up.

a quick-and-easy way to do it, would be to hook the korg into the cpu and turn the korg's volume down. the internal sounds will not play, but the korg will still act as a MIDI controller.

to hear the keyboard's sounds, you would turn the korg volume up and mute your MIDI track.

on my Alesis keyboard, there is a menu where I can select whether i want it to act as a MIDI controller, as a separate keyboard, or both. check out your korg's documentation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.