Gaming RAM 3/4 GM early 2007 MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch MBP
I would like to know if I can run this game, FIFA 12 says it needs 4 GB of RAM, my machine apparently has a capacity of 3 GMB (currently 2)
link below states that only 3 GB out of 4 GB would be used at once... can I run that game if I upgrade my RAM? Mine is an early 2007 (Feb) MBP 15 inch-http://www.appleserialnumberinfo.com/Desktop/index.php

Why are the MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" models limited to 3 GB of memory? If I install dual 2 GB modules, why won't I be able to use 4 GB of RAM? @ EveryMac.com

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The link you provided explains it very well. Even though you may install 4 GB of memory, the machine will only use 3 GB because of memory overlap due to the way the Intel 945 chipset is designed. So no, you probably can not run that game.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.