IMAP, Gmail and Apple Mail 5.0

Reaction score
Newbie here. Everything worked just fine using my Apple Mail Postage Stamp to send and rx my gmail, then one day it just failed to send and rx emails from my gmail account. I am using Lion on a MacBook Pro. Gmail will not take my pass word when through my Apple Mail Postage Stamp. Gmail works fine when I log on through Google. No one to call at Google. Oh what to do? Could be traced back to a time I received and email the same as mine except with periods separating. e.g. [email protected].

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to the correct forum.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
How long has this been happening? I have had Gmail do this before for a day or so then suddenly begin working properly for months.

OP
B
Reaction score
This has been going for about 3 weeks now. I had a session with Apple, which is great customer service and he said it was a Gmail problem. Ever try to get help with anything from those people?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This has been going for about 3 weeks now. I had a session with Apple, which is great customer service and he said it was a Gmail problem. Ever try to get help with anything from those people?

I've had this happen with GMail before. Here's how I cured it:

Access your GMail account from the Web. Log on to your account and then go to account options, security, change password. Change your password (use a complex one with numbers, characters, etc) and then log out and log in again to make sure it works.

Now go back to Apple Mail and setup your GMail account passwords again. Both for send and receive. That should do it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried it but no luck. You wouldn't know if there is any Gmail folks that could give a clue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.