OS Lion Problem

Reaction score
So I have a MacBook Pro that is now 3 years old. I upgraded the OS to Lion back in July. It had worked fine until a week ago when my laptop started to freeze a lot. In addition, there are many different errors:
- I cannot save Word documents due to full of memory error
-Keychain cannot be found
-Cannot record using PhotoBooth
-Cannot uninstall programs
-Mail sometimes do not work properply
-Firefox says that a copy has already been open though there was none
-Wifi does not connect to network (signal is present) after turning the laptop on from sleep
-Black screen after open the laptop (from sleep mode).

I have brought my computer to Apple Store and they said there was nothing wrong with my hard drive. They told me to reinstall OS Lion, which I have already done. However, these problems occur again. Therefore, do you guys know what is going on ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
i would say if you still have got a disc for snow leopard then put that back on and check all of these things work, if they do work then upgrade to lion. It sounds like that os lion is not installing correctly onto your mbp.

OP
N
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have a Snow Leopard disk with me. However, I thought that if I reinstall the new OS Lion, there should be no more problems as it is a fresh copy ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
there shouldnt be any problems with a fresh os lion, but it was just to see if you still get the same problems with leopard. How long does it take to install os lion?

OP
N
Reaction score
Oh, it took forever to download the file. I would say it took me more than 9 hours to download and complete the reinstallation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Wow that is too long and something has been corrupted. On DSL takes about 40 minutes download and about fifteen to complete install. You can download a new copy of Lion, go to App Store, hold down Option key and hit Purchases and then the Lion icon to start a new, uncharged, download. There are many references to burning to a thumb drive which seems to be the best way of storing Lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
Oh, it took forever to download the file. I would say it took me more than 9 hours to download and complete the reinstallation.
My download took 6.5 hours, yours is even worse.

OP
N
Reaction score
I am on a college network so it might explain why ? I left my download overnight a couple times and they cancelled itself twice. By canceling itself, I meant that the download just quit when I hit the space key to wake the screen up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.