Organizing Ipod Shuffle Music

Reaction score
I have an old iPod shuffle ( don't laugh ) and I loaded some music onto it, cool. But how do I re-arrange the music ? Because all 37 songs will always play in the same order but i want to re-arrange them. I tried to drag and drop songs to different places within the list of songs but they don't move to the new location??? What do i do ??

C

chas_m

Start by letting us know what you mean by "old iPod Shuffle." There have been four completely different models so far, each with their own way of operating, so let us know which generation you're talking about and then we can help.

OP
B
Reaction score
I connected my ipod via usb and this is what i got. Hopefully it helps to determine the version of my shuffle and it the "Music Library" where i want to re-arrange the music. Hope this helps !!?? Excuse me for being Mac dum .

iPod:

Capacity: 968 MB
Removable Media: Yes
Detachable Drive: Yes
BSD Name: disk2
Product ID: 0x1301
Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
Version: 1.00
Serial Number: 000A27001152BE70
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Apple
Location ID: 0x52200000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
Mac OS 9 Drivers: No
Partition Map Type: Unknown
S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported

OP
B
Reaction score
This is how I got around the issue that i was having trying to re-arrange the music on my iPOD shuffle. I deleted the music on my Shuffle and in itunes. Then I re-installed the music from into itunes from my music CD's. But instead of letting itunes number my music with their default numberings. I did a control click/ Get Info on each song and put in my own song number. And this worked. So when I want to re arrange songs i go into this same area and give each song a new number and the song will fall automatically fall into the new numerical order. But i do have to change the second songs number or otherwise i will have two songs with the same number. Hope tis makes sense for anybody who can use this this. Any comments, any one ???!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
This is how I got around the issue that i was having trying to re-arrange the music on my iPOD shuffle. I deleted the music on my Shuffle and in itunes. Then I re-installed the music from into itunes from my music CD's. But instead of letting itunes number my music with their default numberings. I did a control click/ Get Info on each song and put in my own song number. And this worked. So when I want to re arrange songs i go into this same area and give each song a new number and the song will fall automatically fall into the new numerical order. But i do have to change the second songs number or otherwise i will have two songs with the same number. Hope tis makes sense for anybody who can use this this. Any comments, any one ???!!!

My wife just slides the switch to shuffle songs and said she likes them all
so its a surprise as to which song plays next.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.