Photoshop CS5 reinstalling problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD
I had this problem on my MacBook, but I did't pay much attention to it cause I rarely use it. I had PS installed on my iMac and that was enough. But two days ago I deleted PS from my iMac and have problems reinstalling it. I tried to delete all the files from library folder etc. but it didn't work.
So, the PS installs correctly, the installation screen says that I can use my PS now, but I can't open the application itself.
My PS icon looks like this:
attachment.php

And when I try to launch it this message comes out:
attachment.php

The translation of the error message says: Unable to open Photoshop, as it is damaged or does not contain the necessary components.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me, cause I need to process a lot of photos by the end of the week :)

?????? ?????? 2011-10-10 ? 1.06.29.png

?????? ?????? 2011-10-10 ? 1.07.14.png

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Adobe Photoshop CS5 has its own uninstaller. You need to use that to remove Photoshop. You can't simple just delete it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD
Adobe Photoshop CS5 has its own uninstaller. You need to use that to remove Photoshop. You can't simple just delete it.

Hmmm... ok. And where can I find it now? :) Is it possible to download the uninstaller itself somewhere?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.