Remote Desktop Connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Hello all,
There's just something quite amusing running a windows pc from a mac using remote desktop connection...

However, I find that when I use RDC, the screen resolution in RDC is low. Which is not bad for most applications except that I need to connect to the windows pc to use a graphics software so I need the same or best resolution on both. It has to run hundreds of iterations and I would prefer just to leave it alone.

Any way to fix this or any other apps that will do a better job?

Thanks in advance!

L

lil

misskool said:
Any way to fix this or any other apps that will do a better job?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there I presume you have the MS Remote Desktop Client!

Load up RDC - and enter the name of the PC you wish to connect to as usual or its IP address, you know the 192.168.x.x or whatever gumph.

Then where it says Options at the bottom of the window with the little triangle arrow, click.

This will reveal the options. You can tweak this all you like, on the display pane is the screen resolution selector.

When you have all your settings set, go back to the general tab, and then click Save As at the bottom, save the profile where you will want to access it say the desktop.

Now quit RDC.

Locate the profile you just saved and double click. Hey Presto, RDC loads up the profile you just saved so all you have to do is click connect.

Hope this helps!

Vicky :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Very awesome, thank you. I had been wondering the same thing and had not taken the time to find out if I could do something like that. Thanks! :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.