Burn in HD & Combine Slideshows

Reaction score
Hello--I've asked about the HD in the past but it's been a while and now I want to do a little more. I currently use iMac OS X version 10.5.8. I use HD cameras (still and cam) and want to burn both as HD onto a DVD. It looks so crisp on my iMac but I'm so disappointed watching it on the big screen b/c it's only SD. What is the latest (easiest) way to take something I have created in iDVD and burn it to disc as HD? If not iDVD then what can I use?

Also, I want to be able to take several slideshows created in iDVD, together with my iTunes audio and stream them together. Specifically: I have separate iDVD slideshows of my child age 1, 2, 3 each year with a different song. How can I combine them so age 1, 2, 3 play one right after the other seamlessly? AND how can I do this (or at least future years) so they BURN in HD?

I heard a lot about iLife, Toast, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro....Technology moves so fast--which is the latest that will do both the above? I'm fine if there is a steep learning curve, and I'm okay with spending some money as long as the end result is I can burn in HD and stream various slideshows with music. Still looking for my easy fix....:Confused: Thanks!

C

chas_m

I use HD cameras (still and cam) and want to burn both as HD onto a DVD. It looks so crisp on my iMac but I'm so disappointed watching it on the big screen b/c it's only SD. What is the latest (easiest) way to take something I have created in iDVD and burn it to disc as HD?

You don't. A DVD is, by definition, only capable of standard definition. Nothing can change that.

Buy an Apple TV and stream your stuff to your HDTV. $99, done.

If not iDVD then what can I use?

If you want to explore the frustrating, complicated and expensive world of burning a Blu-Ray movie DVD on a Mac, be my guest -- but I'm just telling you now, that's a fool's errand and the Apple TV is the way to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.