Lion and Aperture?

Reaction score
Sup y'all? We just upgraded to Lion on our iMac and since the install my wifey has noticed Aperture has been taking forever to do anything. My questions to you are: does downloading and installing Lion remove Snow Leopard? Has anyone else encountered this particular issue? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I use Aperture 3 with Lion and have had no problems what so ever.

C

chas_m

There was a 3.2 update to Aperture just yesterday -- you might try that, though as Nikon implied, I think the problem is local rather than Aperture.

Reaction score
Possible issues

Dittos. No problems with Aperture after upgrading to Lion. You might check a couple of things, as disabling these helps. If you had Mobile Me and switched to iCloud, Aperture still tries to connect to Mobile Me. You have to close your Mobile Me account in Aperture (caution: it will delete your online albums)
Second, if you use Aperture to post to Facebook, Aperture will check all your Facebook photos you've EVER posted. That's background, but makes Aperture sluggish until it's finished.
Third, I work professionally, so have about 30,000 photos in Aperture. Once a year, I like to archive and start a new Aperture library.
Fourth, I also turn off "places" as Aperture uses your GPS info to attach your photos to maps on a GPS enabled camera, like the one on the iPhone.
Fifth, I turn off facial recognition. All these features work in the background and can make Aperture sluggish, although I have no idea if any of them are related to your issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.