• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Need help with burning pc video file to DVD on iMac

Reaction score
I have created video files and burned them to DVD using Adobe Premier Elements 3.0 on my old pc. The user manual says these videos are in mpeg-2 format. However, when I look at the finished video file it is actually 2 folders named OpenDVD and Video_TS. So I don't know whether I'm working with mpeg-2 or Video_TS files.
Anyway, I am unable to get my new iMac to burn these files to a DVD. I have tried using a converter program and then taking the converted files to iDVD and iMovie without success. I also tried DVD Copy Pro for Mac and was unable to get the files recognized to do the conversion/burn.
I was hoping initially to get this done on the cheap, now I just want to get it done.
Does anyone have experience with actually making this conversion of Premier Elements video files to compatible Mac files that can be burned to DVD?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

C

chas_m

iDVD cannot work with VIDEO_TS files. I don't know if Burn can work with these, but if it can there's a free solution to the problem.

If it can't, then I'd suggest buying a copy of Roxio's Toast (which I know can deal with VIDEO_TS files), I think it costs about $70-80.

Wait, hang on, found another free solution if you're willing to get into the Terminal:

Burn a playable DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder - Mac OS X Hints

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Chas for responding. I used your link to find alternatives with no success. However, I recently updated my OS to Lion in order to use iCloud and it solved my problem. Unlike my prior OS Lion is able to take my VIDEO_TS folders and burn them to DVD which can be played back on DVD players.
Problem solved and no need to buy an app to help me.
It actually paid for upgrading to Lion. Nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.