• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple, AT&T, Verizon sell out launch day iPhone 4S preorders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I wasn't disputing that. He accused us of lying about their prices when all we did was to provide the link which showed them. Not good etiquette.

Oh, sorry, I though you were since you posted the link again.

Just got off the phone with ATT.
This is how I would have to setup a new iPhone contract with them:
$104.99 a month($113.16 after tax).
Again, this is keeping a level playing field of what I currently have on my plan, and is based on the ONLY way I would sign a new 2 year contract.
Includes:
450 minutes
4gb data
Unlimited text

Coming up, Verizon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Here's the Verizon deal:
$109.99 per month($118.51 after tax)
Includes:
-450 minutes
-4gb data+ Mobile Hotspot(Apparently, there's no data plan for JUST data, it's bundled with either personal email, or mobile hotspot. So, you could get 5gb's of data + personal email, or you can get 4gb's of data with mobile hotspot, either for the same price.)
-Unlimited text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Here's my conclusion:

If you want an iPhone and actually use it, Sprint has the best deal.
If you want an iPhone so you can say you have an iPhone, Att has the lowest price(, 450 minutes, 200mb of data, and no text) at around $60 for pretty much nothing but email abilities and talk time.

Sprint only has unlimited for texts, while Verizon goes down to 2gb for $30, and Att goes down to $15 for 200mb's to help people in debates of which is cheaper.

Sprint has the most expensive up-front talking plan, but it also includes texting, and free mobile-to-any mobile talking. This is only $10 more than the next closest from Verizon's $59.99, which also includes texting.

To me, it's pretty clear. If I had an individual plan, and was looking for a new contract to full utilize the capabilities of my iPhone, I would go to Sprint. However, I'm on a 4-phone family plan. Sprint is an expensive alternative for family plans, as is Verizon. Att is clearly the cheapest in this category.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yep, it pays to shop around. Actually, none of the carriers are giving us a great deal though. AT&T works best for me because they also give a 15% discount to certain groups and union members.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.