• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple, AT&T, Verizon sell out launch day iPhone 4S preorders

Reaction score
Apple, AT&T, Verizon sell out launch day iPhone 4S preorders

iphone4s.jpg
Less than a day after it first went up for preorder, the iPhone 4S has sold out of its launch day stock at the US online Apple Store. New orders for AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon models now won't ship for at least one to two weeks. Apple had already been seeing international unlocked sale delays but hadn't touched the US directly until now....

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
All of them sold out of the 16GB models including Sprint. As of a few minutes ago, all of them still have 32 GB models available. Verizon did not have the 64 GB model listed online when I checked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Wow, for all of it's negative drama the phone was getting. It was a bit surprising that it was still the biggest iPhone lunch as far as says. Even on the individual carrier such as AT&T.

AT&T Sold more pre-orders of the iPhone 4s in 12 hours then it did the entire day of the iPhone4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I think those people who complained seriously over-exagerated what they should really expect. What they should have expected is an "S" model to follow the past 3GS. With that said, I was expecting to sell them out to begin with, and even more so with the passing of S.J...unfortunately.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
After looking over Sprint's price schedule for the iPhone and minutes plan, one would have to be a die hard Sprint user to sign a two year contract with them.

But it looks like the iPhone has given them new life - for the time being anyway. :p

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
After looking over Sprint's price schedule for the iPhone and minutes plan, one would have to be a die hard Sprint user to sign a two year contract with them.

But it looks like the iPhone has given them new life - for the time being anyway. :p

They are the most expensive out of the three. >_>" I'm guessing cause of the unlimited data plan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

How'd you come up with that? It's the cheapest full plan, and also has unlimited. What's wrong with it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not according to MacWorld who compared the three providers..... Have a look here: LINK

Reaction score
200,000 at&t preorders in 12 hrs!

Just reported from engadget 200,000 at&t iPhone 4s preorders within the first 12 hrs. the most of any iPhone release.

and people said the public will be disappointed. why change what is already the best built exterior in mobilephonedom.

I was looking at the samsung s2, what a P.O.S. plus, its the size of a tablet.

thanks apple for building the best performing, best looking products!:D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I just went through the selection process this morning on all three sites. Sprint was without a doubt the highest priced of the three. Once you put the iPhone in your cart there, that $79.99 plan disappeared from the options and the minimum price option was the $99.99 plan.

And since i still have unlimited data at AT&T, at $70 a month, Sprint is out of the picture.
The lowest price point at Verizon was also $70, but with only 2GB data.
So, it looks like I'm still home with AT&T.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And since i still have unlimited data at AT&T, at $70 a month, Sprint is out of the picture.
The lowest price point at Verizon was also $70, but with only 2GB data.
So, it looks like I'm still home with AT&T.

+1. A call to Sprint will verify what bobtomay stated above. Initially I thought it would be the least expensive since they're desperate for business. Looks like they're not desperate enough. I'm not a Ma Bell fan, (having had them for many years) but it looks like they still may be the best deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Well, yeah, mine is cheaper too since I still have the grandfathered unlimited data. And since we have a family plan with 4 phones, I'm technically only paying 10 for the line, and 30 for the data. Still cheap for me not to want to move.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano
Wow, I never realized so many people hated Sprint enough to blatantly lie on internet forums.

Sprint, 450 mins, unlimited text, unlimited data = $80
ATT, 450 mins, unlimited text, 2GB data = $85
Verizon, 450 mins, unlimited text, 2GB data = $90

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Wow, I never realized so many people hated Sprint enough to blatantly lie on internet forums.

Not everyone needs unlimited text or wants to pay for texting. >_>"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Check out the LINK above before you blatantly accuse anyone of lying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You do realize what he posted is what was noted on MacWorld?

I seriously don't get why everyone is SO hostile against Sprint!

I'm actually going to go through all three carries to see what an individual line with the least and most data costs. Unlimited text is a requirement too.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't have anything against any of them - which is why I went through the process at all three of them. I don't use texting, so I pay per text.

Since I'm a current subscriber at AT&T, I did not go through their sign up process as a new subscriber - because I wanted to know what my price would be, not someone else's.

Actually went through Sprint's sign up again this morning - looks like they fixed their plan option page since Saturday morning. At that time there was only a single option. The $70 option is back - and then requires a $10 "Premium Data" add-on to bring it to $80.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Since I don't trust online websites to show accurate prices, I actually called Sprint to see what my monthly bill would be if I went with the base minutes package. Total price is based off of what I currently have from ATT, and what I would look for in the next plan.

Here's what it comes up to from Sprint on a single iPhone plan:
Monthly price- $79.99($86.19 after tax)
Include 450 minutes,
Unlimited text
Unlimited Data

Note, I don't talk a lot on the phone, and rarely ever go past 300 minutes a month.

I will do the rest when I get back from a visit.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Since I don't trust online websites to show accurate prices, I actually called Sprint to see what my monthly bill would be if I went with the base minutes package. Total price is based off of what I currently have from ATT, and what I would look for in the next plan.

It's always best to call or visit with the carrier to find out what the pricing will be rather than sign up on line.

You do realize what he posted is what was noted on MacWorld?

I wasn't disputing that. He accused us of lying about their prices when all we did was to provide the link which showed them. Not good etiquette.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.