slow iphone

Reaction score
my iphone is getting super slow these days. It must take 20 to 30 seconds to load any basic app like iPod or Camera. Does anyone have any suggestions for speeding things up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
my iphone is getting super slow these days. It must take 20 to 30 seconds to load any basic app like iPod or Camera. Does anyone have any suggestions for speeding things up?
What version iPhone?
What version iOS?

Reaction score
Mine gets crazy slow every so often, when that happens I do a hard reset and it's fine.

C

chas_m

I was just going to ask -- when's the last time you actually turned the iPhone OFF? I'm always surprised that a lot of people appear not to know that you can even do this -- they think the "sleep" function equals "off." It doesn't, and a "hard reset" as yzfmik said (or "turning it off and then on again" as I would say) does indeed cure most iPhone issues.

One other factor that COULD be going on is if you've filled up the iPhone's storage space to the brim. Like OS X, iOS likes to keep a little (not much, but some) "overhead" space for working with apps. If you don't have any, that could be an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have also found that manually closing out multitasking apps helps a great deal..( double click the home button then hold down on an app and start clicking the red x's

Hope this helps
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I have also found that manually closing out multitasking apps helps a great deal..( double click the home button then hold down on an app and start clicking the red x's

Hope this helps
Clay

Wow. This is a revelation! Haha, I never knew you could do that, thank you, Clay!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.