Who's buying the iPhone 4S tonight?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I'm in NY, so the iPhone 4S is going on sale at 3:01 am here, and I plan on trying to buy one then. Anyone else planning on buying one tonight?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No $$$. If I had the $$$ to get one, I would be there in line.

Now if you can front me some $$$! :D Grin!!

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I haven't payed for an iPhone since I bought my first one (the 3G). I've always been able to sell my previous iPhone for an amount >= the price of my new iPhone. So the money spent on my iPhone 3G also paid for the 3GS, the iPhone 4, and soon, the 4S.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sounds great. Let us know how you like yours when you get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I clicked no, because I can live without having to buy something as soon as it's released. And I like sleeping. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I haven't payed for an iPhone since I bought my first one (the 3G). I've always been able to sell my previous iPhone for an amount >= the price of my new iPhone. So the money spent on my iPhone 3G also paid for the 3GS, the iPhone 4, and soon, the 4S.
Thats the same thing I do, except I sell mine around the time solid rumors begin.

I sold my 32GB iPhone4 for around 500 almost 2 months ago, so that paid for a 64GB iPhone4s.

I just pre-ordered mine from AT&T. It said I had to remove my unlimited data plan but the next screen where it ask me to choose a data plan, there was an unlimited option. So I guess I get to keep it. :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I gave in...and bought the darn thing online. >_>"

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats the same thing I do, except I sell mine around the time solid rumors begin.

I sold my 32GB iPhone4 for around 500 almost 2 months ago, so that paid for a 64GB iPhone4s.

I just pre-ordered mine from AT&T. It said I had to remove my unlimited data plan but the next screen where it ask me to choose a data plan, there was an unlimited option. So I guess I get to keep it. :)

So what do you use after you sell your phone, before the new one is released?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Online at 2AM to get the wife her new toy. Simple process, and no lines to wait in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So what do you use after you sell your phone, before the new one is released?
So far the two times that I have done this, friends have lent me phones that they've had laying around.

The first time a friend let me a decent Nokia (forgot the model) and this time another friend let me a first gen iPhone. My buddy offered to sell me the first gen iPhone which I'll probably buy to keep as a "back up" for when ever I do this again next year. I think you can find them relatively cheap these days.

This really only works because AT&T allows me to upgrade my contact before it's normal date. I'm only 14months into my current contract and I was allowed to upgrade. I think it has something to do with the length of time I've been with them and not having any late payments etc.

I still have Unlimited data as well. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Bought mine on Sprint's site at 7:30am today. I had to get it from Sprint to get my company discount. Now I need to cancel my AT&T contract and sell the 4.

I'm glad to finally be rid of AT&T, but I'm a little concerned about the speed of Sprint's network. I played with a phone in their store last night and it seemed a little slow. I don't do much browsing anyway, so as long as it works at all while I'm at work (which my AT&T phone doesn't) I'll be happy.

I think the feature I'm looking forward to the most is wireless mirroring with Apple TV. Watching videos and playing games from my 4S to my big screen TV looks to be pretty sweet and a killer feature.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Bought mine on Sprint's site at 7:30am today. I had to get it from Sprint to get my company discount. Now I need to cancel my AT&T contract and sell the 4.

I'm glad to finally be rid of AT&T, but I'm a little concerned about the speed of Sprint's network. I played with a phone in their store last night and it seemed a little slow. I don't do much browsing anyway, so as long as it works at all while I'm at work (which my AT&T phone doesn't) I'll be happy.

I think the feature I'm looking forward to the most is wireless mirroring with Apple TV. Watching videos and playing games from my 4S to my big screen TV looks to be pretty sweet and a killer feature.

What about tethering-does Sprint plan allow it?
This is probably the only reason I would consider switching from ATT.

Reaction score
oh im ordering the phone for my wife. altho i have choosen sleep and i'm ordering right now. as i predicted the same ship date and delivery date as if i stayed up till the wee hours.

On another note FYI i called verizon and even though there is not a unlimited option
for data and my wife had never had a iphone the unlimited data she is on will be grandfathered in. they said to simply choose an option and it will be fixed on our plan automagicly. Also she has had a upgrade available since 2010 but has really liked the droid but decided to try out the iphone. Anyways because of being over 2 years and being the primary she is getting a iphone 4s 32gb for only 199 but i have to do it on the
verizon website the apple website doesnt see the extra discount. Just something for peeps to think about..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Just got an email from Sprint that they are "temporarily out of stock". Not surprising, but they were still happy to take the money from me. I'm kind of annoyed by that. Most businesses don't charge you until they can ship your product. Isn't there even a law about that?

What about tethering-does Sprint plan allow it?
This is probably the only reason I would consider switching from ATT.

Like all the other networks, they will let you for a price. $30 for them and I don't know if it's capped. I don't tihnk it can be since the plan itself isn't. But if you're going to be tethering to a computer and your AT&T connection is good, I'd say stick with them. AT&T's network is typically much faster than Sprint's network.

On another note FYI i called verizon and even though there is not a unlimited option for data and my wife had never had a iphone the unlimited data she is on will be grandfathered in.

Just be careful about running over and check the fine print. I heard from people on Verizon that if you go over a certain amount of data usage they seriously throttle your connection speed (what they call "optimizing") not only for the rest of the current billing cycle, but also for the entire next one!

Reaction score
Just be careful about running over and check the fine print. I heard from people on Verizon that if you go over a certain amount of data usage they seriously throttle your connection speed (what they call "optimizing") not only for the rest of the current billing cycle, but also for the entire next one!

Yipes i didnt know that. Thanks for the info

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I'm not mistaken I think they only did that for people who constantly kept using a lot od data, no? Maybe that was just AT&T's unlimited data users. I forget...

Reaction score
I just read an aricle about it basicly it said it is for the top 5% of data users with a unlimited plan that use 2gb or more. but suposedly it only throttles down when on a congested cell tower.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just read an aricle about it basicly it said it is for the top 5% of data users with a unlimited plan that use 2gb or more. but suposedly it only throttles down when on a congested cell tower.
On which service provider?

Reaction score
I ordered a white, 16GB 4S on Verizon. I already have an iPhone 4, but I need to be able to keep up with Apple's latest technologies for my job, and Siri is going to change the way I interact with my phone.

The iPhone 4 will go to my brother; it's his first cellphone, so I'm pretty sure he's getting really spoiled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.