iPhone 4 problems fixed in iPhone 4s??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the reception and antenia problems on the iPhone 4 has been fixed and improved in the iPhone 4s?

Also does the new 4s have dual core like the Samsung 11?

I need to hear from some others regarding syncing.
I was told if you use a Mac computer then your better/stuck with getting a iPhone as it be easier to sync from phone to mac. If I get a non-apple phone then it gets more technical to sync to my mac. How true is this???

If I use a Windows pc then I can get Samsung or another smartphone.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I have the iPhone 4 ad never had much of an issue with the antenna. That being said, I heard that the issue was fixed with the Verizon iPhone, so I'm sure the iPhone 4S won't have that issue.

And yes, the iPhone 4S has a dual core processor.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the reception and antenia problems on the iPhone 4 has been fixed and improved in the iPhone 4s?

They were greatly exaggerated. Similar "death grips" were shown to have the same effect on just about every other smart phone known to man.

Regardless, I can't make the bars budge with my Verizon iPhone 4, which featured an updated antenna design. So, I have a feeling the 4S won't have any problem either.

Also does the new 4s have dual core like the Samsung 11?

Yes.

I need to hear from some others regarding syncing.
I was told if you use a Mac computer then your better/stuck with getting a iPhone as it be easier to sync from phone to mac. If I get a non-apple phone then it gets more technical to sync to my mac. How true is this???

Most Android phones don't come with Mac syncing software. Windows Phone 7 does. Android does sync with the "the cloud", so if you use GMail, it's pretty simple. Getting your music onto it can be a bit more involved than using iTunes with the iPhone, but it can be done. If you have a lot of purchased music in iTunes, that may prove problematic if you haven't gotten the DRM-free versions.

If I use a Windows pc then I can get Samsung or another smartphone.

thanks

It doesn't matter if you're using a PC or a Mac, what matters is whether you're using Android. Android was built to sync with Google's services over-the-air for PDA functions. Music can be done by other means, but none of the syncing is quite as smooth as it is with the iPhone. The same is true for Windows as it is for Mac.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Thanks everyone for your info regarding my questions:)

I also did some research and see the Samsung has 1.2 dual core, where the iPhone 4S has only 1g dual core but I guess there isn't a huge difference.

I just want it to be simple to sync from phone to my mac. I do have Gmail but I use my main email from my ISP for most things but I can set that up in Mail or whatever the iPhone has.

I do like the look of the Samsung 11 due to the bigger LCD but I really need to compare it side by side with the iPhone and see which suits me better re holding it and using it. I kinda feel the 4" is just too big for me.

My HUGE concern with the iPhone 4 was dropping it or having it slip off my lap ((I sit in a wheelchair) and cracking the glass. I do love the iPhone but the glass is been one thing stopping me from getting it along with hoping the iPhone 5 would come out without glass. Now the iPhone 4S still has glass hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Thanks everyone for your info regarding my questions:)

I also did some research and see the Samsung has 1.2 dual core, where the iPhone 4S has only 1g dual core but I guess there isn't a huge difference.

I just want it to be simple to sync from phone to my mac. I do have Gmail but I use my main email from my ISP for most things but I can set that up in Mail or whatever the iPhone has.

I do like the look of the Samsung 11 due to the bigger LCD but I really need to compare it side by side with the iPhone and see which suits me better re holding it and using it. I kinda feel the 4" is just too big for me.

My HUGE concern with the iPhone 4 was dropping it or having it slip off my lap ((I sit in a wheelchair) and cracking the glass. I do love the iPhone but the glass is been one thing stopping me from getting it along with hoping the iPhone 5 would come out without glass. Now the iPhone 4S still has glass hehe

i used to think a bigger screen was what I wanted till a friend let me use one
and it eats up pocket space quick not real easy for quick phone retrieval.
They do make some tough cases for the iPhone I found the rubber bumper works good enough for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.