• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

mac for video editing

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, noob mistake!
But i just got a canon t2i, and my current laptop( non-mac) can not handle the files, since it's a very slow laptop.
I need( want) a mac t edit these smoothly and without hassles. I really dont mind if it is desktop or laptop, but I wouldmost likely but it refurbished since they are significantly cheaper, and look brand new.
price range is pretty low ~700 I'd say... im only 16 without a real job so money is kinda hard to come by, since I spent all my money on the t2i..

help?

C

chas_m

This camera records video in h.264 and shoots in RAW or JPEG, so basically any Mac made in the last few years (and certainly anything in the Apple refurbished section) can handle it. They all come with iPhoto and iMovie which can handle it, and Aperture (probably a better choice for working with RAW files) is only $80.

$700, on the other hand, isn't going to go that far with recent Macs. They tend to hold onto their value for a LONG time, so you're going to be quite hard-pressed to find a good one for $700. I'd suggest saving for a bit longer and getting a refurbished iMac or MacBook Pro from Apple, a Core iX class machine if possible or at least a Core2Duo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.