iPod Touch good for web browsing?

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if the latest iPod Touch is good for browsing the internet and is the browser quick, and what is the battery life when web browsing.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have the 4g Touch and it's not bad for browsing. The screen size is a bit small for prolonged use but otherwise, it's not bad. I wouldn't suggest that you do heavy browsing on it or any browsing that requires a lot of typing though.

Battery life is a tricky one. It depends on what kind of browsing you're doing. Since I don't do a lot of browsing on it (my wifi connection is used more for email than anything), I'll leave that question open for others.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have the 4g Touch and it's not bad for browsing. The screen size is a bit small for prolonged use but otherwise, it's not bad. I wouldn't suggest that you do heavy browsing on it or any browsing that requires a lot of typing though.

Battery life is a tricky one. It depends on what kind of browsing you're doing. Since I don't do a lot of browsing on it (my wifi connection is used more for email than anything), I'll leave that question open for others.

Do you propose the iPad 2 as a better option?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Anyone who does a lot of web browsing on the iPod Touch or iPhone (both of which I either have had or currently have) has a lot better eyesight than I do.

To me if you want an IOS device to use for web browsing get an iPad, on iPod Touch and iPhone it is more of a nice thing to have in an emergency but not really useful (or particulary pleasant) on a continual basis.

But, if your eyes are up to the task and the small screen doesn't drive you crazy, then yes it will work just fine.

EDIT: You posted while I was typing. Absolutely reccomend the iPad. I live on mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.

OP
M
Reaction score
Anyone who does a lot of web browsing on the iPod Touch or iPhone (both of which I either have had or currently have) has a lot better eyesight than I do.

To me if you want an IOS device to use for web browsing get an iPad, on iPod Touch and iPhone it is more of a nice thing to have in an emergency but not really useful (or particulary pleasant) on a continual basis.

But, if your eyes are up to the task and the small screen doesn't drive you crazy, then yes it will work just fine.

EDIT: You posted while I was typing. Absolutely reccomend the iPad. I live on mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Thanks good to know, I was a bit unsure between the Touch and iPad 2 and the screen size and battery life of the Touch.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thanks good to know, I was a bit unsure between the Touch and iPad 2 and the screen size and battery life of the Touch.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my iPod Touch . . . I loved it so much I switched to the iPhone from Nokia so I didn't have to carry two devices around. The larger screen on the iPad just makes some things so much better and easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.