Need a little help with changing icons for mac.. specifically iTunes 10

Reaction score
Ok so i have the newer itunes downloaded and I really don't like how the icon looks in my dock, its kind of un-fitting and windows-like... anyways, I wanna know if anyone can help me change it i tried a ton of times to copy and paste the old itunes icon in but it wont allow me to paste it, theres no option and it wont work like any other apps.. with my other apps on my mac i can change their icons by copy and pasting a new one .. like with iMovie and Google Chrome.. but with this its not allowing me at all.. help please!! thanks a lot!

M

MacInWin

In Finder, right click on the iTunes icon, select "Show Package Contents." In the "Resources" folder is a file called iTunes.icns. I think that is the icon file you need to change. I don't know what the restrictions are for that icon set, and changing it may be dangerous, but that looks like the Dock icon file to me. If you open it in preview, you'll see several icons in the file, of varying size.

I'd suggest leaving it alone.

OP
iMac4Ever
Reaction score
In Finder, right click on the iTunes icon, select "Show Package Contents." In the "Resources" folder is a file called iTunes.icns. I think that is the icon file you need to change. I don't know what the restrictions are for that icon set, and changing it may be dangerous, but that looks like the Dock icon file to me. If you open it in preview, you'll see several icons in the file, of varying size.

I'd suggest leaving it alone.

thanks!!!!! it worked!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.