Which printer to buy

Reaction score
My wife and I are buying a new small business and we need a all in one printer that won't break the bank and won't cost a fortune in ink.

We have a mac book pro.

We have limited it down to these 3 options, unless someone has additional ideas.
Amazon.com: Canon PIXMA MP560 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Photo Printer (3747B002): Electronics

Amazon.com: HP Envy 100 e-All-in-One D410a Printer (CN517A#B1H): Electronics

Epson - WorkForce 840 Network-Ready Wireless All-In-One Printer - WF840 - C11

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If this is a business where you will be printing a lot everyday a laser jet cost wise in the end would be a better choice. I have a friend with the Envy and it works quite well
but you might want to look at there Office Jet for business as stated earlier it depends
on how often you will print ,laser jets and office printers are geared for heavy use home units not so much.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
+1 on the above advice. I run a business and use an HP LaserJet for all our heavy B&W work (cost effective). We have a Canon all in one for color and other things like scanning. The Canons are fairly cost effective for color work because they use 5 ink tanks. The replacements are inexpensive when compared to HP, Epson, and some of the others.

OP
B
Reaction score
It is a fairly low use printer honestly. We just need it to copy/scan/fax and print wirelessly from my mac book pro. So would you still suggest the Envy? Or something else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is a fairly low use printer honestly. We just need it to copy/scan/fax and print wirelessly from my mac book pro. So would you still suggest the Envy? Or something else?

The Envy as far as I know does not have a fax but it will do e-print for the iPad.
I would look at their Office Jets there are several and decide what features you need.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - E710n | HP® Official Store

Ok, so it looks like this one would be a good pick. Sorry I'm asking so much I'm not very techy.
I have a macbook pro, it should work with that right?
Also how would i know how to compare ink pricing

Honestly, unless you need color, you would be better off going with a laser all-in-one instead of inkjet . . . especially if it isn't used all the time.

Not specifically recommending this one, but worth a look.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RFGJZE/?tag=macforums0e4-20

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes we need color. We would need to print small adds and photos at good quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Another thing to consider is. Do you have an iOS devices you would like to print from?

Here are some AirPrint printers.

Buy AirPrint Printers - Wireless Printers for iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)

But like everyone said, if your not looking to print color a laser printer is the way to go.
If you don't plan on doing a lot of printing then get way ever you want. Just check reviews to see what ppl think of the printers.

I have the Epson artison 810 and love it. I just wish it had AirPrint... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes we need color. We would need to print small adds and photos at good quality.

Photos make a difference as the ink jet has the upper hand.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Printing photos and colorful ads means using a lot of ink. Just make sure you look into the cost of consumables when making the decision which printer to buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
We have been quite happy with our Epson Artisan printer. It will fax, print, scan and even print on printable CDs.

Looks like the latest on is the Artisan 837, but the model before it(835) is only $149

Artisan 837 reviews

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.