• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple: Steve Jobs has passed away

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Just WOW. Steve, you will be missed more than you can imagine. My heart goes out to your family and friends. Rest in peace. Know that you changed the world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Just found out..... :( Really sad news. My condolences to his family.

He'll always be in our hearts and at our fingertips....

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I guess that's why it was raining the whole day today. T_T"

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
So sad. Praying for his family.

Steve Jobs changed my life and the way I worked with computers. When I first saw the 1984 Mac I was blown away and still am to this day.

Thank you Steve for everything you did for computing and now devices. God Bless my friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs

Now yesterday makes sense seeing Tim Cook all teary eyed when presenting.
Rest in Peace. You are great!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Steve overcame many hurdles in his life, but death is one that he couldn't, and that each of us will succumb to some day. Rest In Peace Steve, and thanks for Apple and all the great things you've done.

Press on Tim, and good fortune. You've got some very large shoes to fill.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I was amazed to hear this today. I have something interesting to say. I was turing on my iBook g4 and I opened safari and saw that he died, my iBook had a kernel panic as soon as it finished loading. I thought it was ironic.

Reaction score
We shall continue to use your creations in your honour.
Our heart out to his family.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
RIP Stevie J. You were one **** of a man, you had a vision and goals and you always found a way to make them happen, keeping everyone hooked for the ride.

Thanks for so many products.

-M

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
No words to do justice . . . a very sad day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac11,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i3 Processor Speed: 3
You will be missed Mr. Jobs

You will be missed. RIP, Steve.:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac11,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i3 Processor Speed: 3
Steve Jobs died today...

Dude, from one native Californian to another you rock Mr. Jobs! You changed the world in the way we communicate and you will be very missed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
R.I.P. Steve. You were a great man and completely revolutionize the way the world works. My prayers go out to your family and everyone who was affected.

Reaction score
Apple has posted a memorial page for Steve Jobs and is inviting people to “share your thoughts, memories, and condolences” via email.

22802SteveJobs-RIP-med.jpg

Reaction score
I'm a regular Android forum guy who registered just to say even though we are on different ends of the spectrum, Steve was an amazing innovator, motivator and person. He forged the way for many others to follow and we are all better off for it. The world will miss him. Condolences to the family, friends and the Apple community.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.