• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple: Steve Jobs has passed away

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP 13" 2.3ghz i5 4GB RAM 320GB
I've been a long-time fan of Apple, without having ever owned one until this week. I am getting heavily into photography, and since I purchased a MacBook Pro, a whole new world has opened up to me. I don't even know where to begin - I can do so much more now with a Mac than I could do with a PC...or at least it'll be easier and make more sense on a Mac.

I have many friends who are big fans of Apple. We all agree - "it makes sense." The logic behind a Mac creates untold opportunities for hobbyists and professionals alike. Steve Jobs was a man who wanted to give to his customers what he had himself - opportunities.

Reaction score
Very sad news. I like to think whoever mentioned that the iPhone 4S was named iPhone For Steve was right. We have lost a brilliant dynamic person. Apple will never be the same.
Rest in peace. You have surely earned it, Steve.
RIP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
The death of a legend....

He will forever be remembered as the face of Apple. His simple black t-shirt and blue jeans was a complex individual; much like the devices he produced. These today stand as his legacy; to be remembered forever in history.
He was both hated and admired by his competitors; disliked, loved and respected by those he worked with; revered by those who were fans of his genius.
Stubborn to see his vision through in the whatever project, he made apple for what it is today. It's true that Wozniak was the initial genius behind the company; but Jobs was its soul. Books will be written, stories will be told, legends will be made.
A visionary, a master, a father, a friend... Steve Jobs, you will be missed.

Reaction score
To all Mac heads and the Apple community

To every Mac user and the whole Apple to community.

I would like to express my condolences to each and everyone of you. I'm sure that the people on this forum feels the same way that I do about the loss of Steve Jobs. This has hurt us, the Apple community, and the technology community a great deal. I'm sure that Steve has left a great legacy at Apple to keep the tradition of greatness going.

Here's a simple piece that I made in honor of Steve Jobs.

ripsj.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Strange to be this sad over the passing of a person I have never met but......Thank you Mr. Jobs for giving us all you did.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thank you Printerman for posting that. Brought back some memories.

Reaction score
What an amazing man!

Doesn't seem fair that one man gets 80+ years on earth and Steve got so many less. Really, really sad and I'll always wonder what "else" his brilliant mind would have thought of!

Todd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Doesn't seem fair that one man gets 80+ years on earth and Steve got so many less. Really, really sad and I'll always wonder what "else" his brilliant mind would have thought of!

Although he did die younger, Steve had a huge impact on out society in his 56 years. Most 80 year olds, particularly those of the aging "boomer" generation, would be lucky if they were able to give so 1/100000th as much to society and the world as Jobs was able to in his time.

Reaction score

Todd

I believe this man once said "Be a yardstick of quality." :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.