• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple: Steve Jobs has passed away

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
RIP Steve Jobs

Reaction score
Rest in Peace, Mr. Jobs. You will be missed.

Reaction score
He will truly be missed. He was a true pioneer in the technology spectrum. He will greatly be missed. Sad day for the world.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
A very sad day indeed. My heart goes out to those who were close to him.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching his commencement speech at Stanford several years ago. Truly, he was an inspirational visionary.

Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address - YouTube

Reaction score
I first read the news on Twitter at 3:27am here in Ireland, 25 mins ago, very sad. iPhone 4s in my mind is now iPhone 4 Steve. A great loss for the whole world. I'm still ticked off that Microsoft put out the standard 2 liner about it on there web site. FigNewton Ballmer, Bill Gates would have and hopefully will put out a better and respectful message...

RIP Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
...Bill Gates would have and hopefully will put out a better and respectful message...

RIP Steve

Microsoft Cofounder Bill Gates

I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

Rest in Peace Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
dear dear me.

Untimely deaths are all the more tragic. I suspect he will be revered for years to come for the inspirational way he has directed, procured and driven Apple to become the internationally recognised symbol of excellence it is today.

As always thoughts must go to those family and close friends he leaves behind.

J

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Statement from the White House

[9:35 p.m. ET] Statement from President Obama: "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity.

By making computers personal and putting the Internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve’s wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him."

Reaction score
All my Mac's weep tonight. The ride was really cool. From all us old Macheads...good night sweet prince.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What a tragedy but I guess we all knew it was coming alas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
You will me missed Steve. :( Rest in Peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Steve Jobs made computers personal. Even people who've never owned an Apple, a Mac, an iPod, an iPhone or an iPad owe him a debt for bringing computing technology out of datacenters and offices and into our homes and lives. He had a vision that an entire industry filled with brilliant scientists, engineers and executives could barely fathom, and he pushed, prodded, and bullied it into reality.

I think he can rest well knowing that he realized his vision, and accomplished more than most men would do if they lived twice as long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP Late 2010 2.4ghz, 4GB, 250HD - 2010 iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, 500HD, 4GB
This is truly sad. Thinking as he just resigned as CEO...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Really sad news.

My condolences to his family.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
R.I.P.
A great and highly influential man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
First beer is on you when i finally make it to your destination Steve . . .

R.I.P my good man, you have changed the world we live in and i thank you for that :)

Raise your glasses please . . . . .
And i think this from Tim Cook sums up Steve to a tee

Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GiB RAM, 80 GiB hard drive, Intel GMA 950, SuperDrive
Wow. I was just speechless when I heard this news; I wasn't even sure whether to believe it. Steve Jobs has always been something of a hero to me. He inspired my love for technology and his products helped kindle my creativity. Wherever Apple goes from here, he will be greatly missed.

May eternal rest be granted unto Steve Jobs; may perpetual light shine upon him; may he rest in peace. Amen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.