playing songs from iPOD Mini in the car

T

thenewgirl

I want to listen to the songs on my iPod Mini through the stereo system in my car, but i don't have a cassette player since i replaced it with a cd player (Pioneer) .Is there any other way to do it besides using the fm transmitter? The transmitter gets too much static..so the songs don't play as clear...Someone mentioned that the fact that my cd player in the car is XM ready would help...but..can anyone tell me how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
What kind of car is it? Does it have a CD changer, or better yet, does it have a connection for a CD changer (typically in the trunk) that's unused?

There are adapters available that connect to the CD changer connection which you can run from the trunk into your car, and connect the audio-out on your iPod. I bought one of these for my Passat and it works perfectly.

OP
T

thenewgirl

caribiner23 said:
What kind of car is it? Does it have a CD changer, or better yet, does it have a connection for a CD changer (typically in the trunk) that's unused?

There are adapters available that connect to the CD changer connection which you can run from the trunk into your car, and connect the audio-out on your iPod. I bought one of these for my Passat and it works perfectly.

um..it's a civic....and i don't think it has the cd changer in the trunk that you're talking about...i'm a girl...n like most girls...i know little about cars...so...i could be wrong...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
you said you have a pioneer cd player, so go to pioneer.com or crutchfield.com and look up the model of your cd player, and see if they make an adapter for it. Most new pioneer cd players have cd changer controls, so you should be able to find an adapter for it.

Be advised, these adapters get expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.