Macbook Pro won't boot from install disk

Reaction score
So, I was having some issues with my macbook pro, and decided to run a disk check on my internal hard drive with Disk Utility. It found some issues and said I should Repair Disk, after booting from the install disk. When I try to boot from the disk, though, I get the gray loading screen with the gear scrolling around and then the screen goes black, but the drives are still spinning. Nothing happens, and eventually I restart and try again, with no luck. I've tried using both the C key during startup and the Option key to select the startup disk but neither have worked. I can still boot fine from the hard drive, and in safe mode. Anybody know how to fix this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Either your optical drive is not working right or your install DVD is damaged. Test the optical drive by trying another DVD, music, movie, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.